IDFA Founder & Owner
IDFA Mission and Objectives
International Drug Free Athletics (IDFA), founded in 2005, is committed to promoting drug free (natural) bodybuilding worldwide through education, awareness, camaraderie, and community involvement. The IDFA will maintain the integrity of drug free athletics and sport through awareness programs and the promotion and sanctioning of drug free bodybuilding, fitness model and figure competitions and shows. The IDFA will have in place strict drug testing guidelines and protocols to ensure a fair playing ground at all IDFA sanctioned events.
- To promote drug free bodybuilding worldwide.
- To build camaraderie amongst similar drug free athletic and sport organizations.
- To build camaraderie amongst individual competitors, athletes, models and enthusiasts of drug free athletics and sport.
- To promote and advocate fair play, ethics and integrity amongst all competitors, athletes, models, trainers, organizers, promoters, sponsors and managers involved in drug free athletics and sport.
- To develop and promote community role models (‘real people real heroes’); drug free athletes and models who represent the unlimited power of personal potential and are living testimony of human achievement.
- To maintain the integrity of drug free athletics and sport through awareness programs and the promotion and sanctioning of drug free bodybuilding, fitness model and figure competitions and shows.
- To be a conduit in order to educate both competitor and enthusiast from novice to advanced professional on the training, history and other related aspects of drug free bodybuilding, fitness model and figure.
- To provide and maintain a resource and information clearinghouse for competitors and enthusiasts worldwide through web pages, social media, publications, media and community events.
- To administer, maintain, oversee, monitor and enforce the IDFA drug testing protocol and guidelines at all IDFA and IDFA sanctioned events.
- To aid in developing a benchmark of what natural bodybuilding is.
- To promote and encourage drug free bodybuilding, fitness model and figure competitions and events by providing official IDFA sanction status to these events upon request, when IDFA drug free sanctioning protocols and standards have been met.
- To oversee all IDFA sanctioned events.
BIGGEST NATURAL ORGANIZATION IN CANADA
IDFA continues to expand every year and now hosts 14 shows in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick and Quebec. There may be another show added by the time you read this.
Since 2005 the IDFA has over 4,000 athletes competing in the shows. We started in 2005 with 38 athletes competing that year to where we are in 2015 with over 750 athletes competing that year.
HUGE WEB PRESENCE
The Official IDFA Website boasts over 4,000,000 hits to date.
IDFA WEB COMMUNITY
Instagram, over 40,000 followers, https://www.instagram.com/idfamania/ (@IDFAmania)
Facebook, over 26,000 fans, http://www.facebook.com/InternationalDrugFreeAthletics
Twitter, over 5,800 followers, https://twitter.com/IDFAshaun (@IDFAshaun)
Youtube, over 90,000 video views, http://www.youtube.com/user/IDFAathlete
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE ACROSS CANADA
46 participants entered the IDFA Transformation Challenge across Canada in 2012. We are looking at increasing this number in 2016 to over 150.
OFFICIAL IDFA POSTERS
TV MEDIA COVERAGE
- IDFA featured in Discovery Network documentary “Tribes of the 21st Century: Bodybuilders”
- IDFA filmed for Tosca Reno’s television show on W Network
- IDFA featured on CityTV, CP24, and Rogers Television’s Daytime Toronto
Show tickets at IDFA events are always in high demand.
PRINT MEDIA COVERAGE
Inside Fitness, Oxygen, MuscleMag, Toronto Sun, Metro Calgary, Beyond Fitness and many more.
CELEBRITY GUESTS & HOSTS
- Trish Stratus (former WWE champion) has been a Special Guest and Award Presenter.
- Universal Recording Artist Jully Black has been a Special Guest Host of IDFA events.
- Anthony Reagan of 680 News.
- Cara Fullerton, TV reporter and anchor, for Global TV.
IDFA PRO SHOWS
IDFA Pro Shows draw top competitors from Canada, USA, France and UK with prize money awarded.
TOP ATHLETES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Thousands of Athletes compete at our events from as far as the UK, France, Pakistan, USA (Alabama, Washington, Ohio, New York, etc), Cayman Islands, and across Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec, PEI, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia).
IDFA Events are held in the most prestigious theatres such as Sandra Faire- Ivan Fecan Theatre (home of “So You Think You Can Dance Canada”), Jane Mallett Theatre (StLC), Canadian Museum of Civilization, and the Glenn Gould Studio (CBC).
IDFA FOUNDER IN THE MEDIA
To further promote the IDFA, Shaun has been featured in many different medias including eTalk, SunTV, Discovery Network, City Pulse, Perfect Fit, Inside Fitness Magazine, Beyond Fitness Magazine, Toronto Sun, Daytime Toronto and The Art of Building Bodies.
Natural Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Modeling Workshops are popular IDFA Pre-Show events.
Proud to be an IDFA Athlete
The I am “PROUD to be an IDFA Athlete” YouTube contest was a huge hit! You can view the submitted videos here, http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL03B9F62E54100B65.